Thursday 16 March 2023

Challenge 234 - Inspired by Words

Hello friends of Time Out! 

For the next fortnight we have one of our Inspired by Words challenges for you! This is the quote:

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” —Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
 
Do remember that you can be inspired by the whole quote OR just choose one word or some words as your starting point. For example sun, hot, wind, cold, summer, winter, light and shade could be good options to play with! Our DT has made very inspiring samples for you, feel free to be inspired by their ideas as well! 


The winner of this challenge wins a $25 voucher to our generous sponsor Topflight Stamps. Our winner also gets called to guest design in a future challenge. 

This time we welcome Greta Hess of GG Creations, and winner of Time Out #231, as our Guest Designer. Greta really captured the essence of our quote so beautifully. Do take a stroll through Greta's blog and treat yourself to some wonderful inspiration. We love to hear about our Guest Designers in their own words so we can get to know them a bit. Here is what Greta had to say:

"What an honor to be a Time Out Challenges winner and to be guest designing with this talented team.  I’m a wife, doggy momma and retired nurse living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA.  About twenty-five years ago I discovered stamping at my local stamp store.  I'm pretty sure I kept them in business for the next year!  It was such a joy to find an artistic outlet that didn't require the ability to draw or color.  I like a variety of styles & techniques.  I'd have to say my favorite style is simple elegance.  Dry embossing, emboss resist & heat embossing have been around a long time and are still some of my favorite techniques.  Thanks to my paper crafting hobby, I now have friends all over the world.  One of hubby's retirement jobs is mailing all the cards I send!  I hope you'll find some inspiration in my card for this Inspired by Words Challenge."

HERE is Greta's fabulous card:





Here's some inspiration from our design team!





























Amazing inspiration from everyone, I'm sure you agree! Now it's your turn to Take Time Out and craft! This challenge runs until 5 pm GMT Wednesday the 29th of March. Before linking up below, please read "How to Play" from the sidebar. At Time Out we allow only 5 challenges combined, one of them being ours. Thank you and Happy Crafting! 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: