Thursday 30 June 2016

Challenge #60

Hi all friends of TIME OUT!
We have one of our CASE With Your Own Twist challenges for you for the next week. The card we are inspired of is by the fabulous Therese Calvird.  If you are new to her blog Lost in Paper, you are in for a treat. Let's get to know Therese better!

Therese Calvird



Hiya, I’m Therese and I love to make cards! I live in the sub tropics in Australia with my husband and furchild (a three-year-old black cat called Lilith). I love to ride my scooter, swim and walk but mostly I work full time shift work and make cards in my not-so-spare time. You can find me at my blog lostinpaper, I also am lucky to be on some amazing design teams and Oh, yeah, the other thing I do is create Youtube videos (about…. you guessed it, cards) and you can find me at my channel here. I’m so excited be here at Time Out Challenges and can’t wait to see how my card inspires you.


Above you are seeing the beautiful, beautiful card Therese created for us. We are loving the gorgeous flowers and almost monochromatic color scheme, as well as all the small details Therese has added. You could be inspired by so many elements: the layout, the colours, the floral theme, the stripes, the vellum, sentiment on a slant... Because own twists are welcomed here at TIME OUT, don't feel afraid to change up the color palette or the theme of the card if you feel like it -the most important thing is to let Therese inspire you and have fun!

Important note:  This is a ONE WEEK challenge.  This challenge ends at 5PM BST on July 6th.  Have fun and get crafty.



Our Guest Designer this week is Birgit. Her blog Crafting While I Wait is filled with beautiful, creative, and inspiring cards so don't forget to visit her and leave some love. Let's have a look how Birgit and our design team members have interpreted Therese's card.

Guest Designer


My name is Birgit and I live in a very small town in Maine, with my high school sweetie of 28 years.  Our kids are grown and gone and we are settling in to being empty nesters, with the exception of our furry kids, 1 dog and three cats. I've been making cards for about 10 years now and am completely addicted, hook, line and sinker!!  I enjoy trying all kinds of styles, from CAS  to shabby and from cute to vintage.  My main style I lovingly refer to as plain and layered.  I like the look of a simple design but I can never seem to make many one layer cards because I always have to add layers.  I'd love for you to come visit my blog  www.craftingwhileIwait.blogspot.com  I'm greatly appreciative for the opportunity to be a guest designer for Time Out Challenges.















Time Out DT 60









Now it's your turn to take TIME OUT and craft, I'm sure you are feeling inspired after seeing all these fab DT cards! To play along, link up your Therese -inspired cards to the gallery before July 6th at 5 pm BST. Happy crafting!








2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Love all Therese's cards. Thanks for another great challenge :)

Sue B said...

What a great challenge, and I've only just found you...