Thursday 5 May 2016

Time Out Challenge #56

Hi all friends of TIME OUT!
We have one of our CASE With Your Own Twist challenges for you for the next fortnight. The card we are inspired of is by the fabulous Kay Miller. If you are new to her blog My Joyful Moments you are in for s treat. Let's read Kay's words for us! 



Hi, I’m Kay Miller. I live in  Missouri with my husband and two great kids. I first discovered stamping about 20 years ago when I wandered into a small stamping store in Anacortez, WA, while visiting my grandfather. I spent all of my traveling money, and got in trouble for staying too long in the store, but by then it was too late, I had fallen head over hills. I spent many years in the digital scrapbooking industry creating digital page kits for my own personal website, for the paper industry. and participating on several creative teams for other designers. After completely burning out trying to come up with new designs, I quit, and rediscovered my love for stamping and card making, and started blogging. Along with card making, I also enjoy photography and creating whimsical Christmas ornaments with polymer clay. I am excited to be the guest artist for Time Out Challenges!


Above you are seeing the beautiful, beautiful card Kay created for us. We are loving the clean and simple look and all the small details Kay has been able to add without getting her card cluttered! You could be inspired of so many elements: the layout, the colours, the floral theme, the splatters... Because own twists are welcomed here at TIME OUT, don't feel afraid to change up the color palette or the theme of the card if you feel like it -the most important thing is to let Kay inspire you and have fun!

Our Guest Designer this week is Marlena. Her blog Marlena is Faitfully Crafting is filled with creative, inspiring cards so don't forget to visit her and leave some love. Let's have a look how Marlena and our design team members have interpreted Kay's card.

Guest Designer
























Now it's your turn to take TIME OUT and craft, I'm sure you are feeling inspired after seeing all these fab DT cards! To play along, link up your Kay-inspired cards to the gallery before May 18th 5 pm GMT. Happy crafting!











5 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I love your soft colors and CAS Freestyle card. Congratulations on being the chosen CASE designer. I plan to play soon. W, Nancy

Kay Miller said...

Wow! The design team did an amazing job CASEing my card! They are all just beautiful! Thank you for having me as your guest! :)

Darnell said...

Kay and Marlena are both excellent card artists and I love that they are both featured in this challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Pam Sparks said...

thanks for the fun chance to CASE Kay! Your cards are all inspiring!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Kay: I'm a bit late but I think I can slide HOME on time.
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card that I will attempt to CASE.
Hugs.
Maria Rodriguez.